This one is about to start……hopefully should begin this one late april 2020. Machine is not going and in really bad shape…lots of water damage and corrosion….but I enjoy a challenge! Should have this started just after Anzac day hopefully.
update august 2020….
This project has now been completed and machine is now working well…project summary below:
- mpu board not booting – replaced with Lisy1 board
- power supply board worked briefly and then lost 60v output – 5v ok
- replaced 60v futaba displays (which did work) with 5v led displays
- rebuilt driver board (replaced one faulty transistor)
- sound/tones board burnt out (555 chips) faulty parts replaced
- cabinet and head resprayed with new stenciled artwork as original
to restore to absolute original condition:
- replace faulty caps on power supply board to restore 60v
- re-install original blue futaba score displays
- replace faulty ttl chips on original mpu board